Netflix's adaptation of Guy Ritchie's The Gentlemen into a television series has been one of the most anticipated releases of the year.
With a fresh cast and a new storyline that promises to retain the original film's charm and wit, The Gentlemen Season 1 introduces viewers to a world of crime, power, and intrigue.
This article provides an in-depth look at the stellar cast that brings this new narrative to life.
The Gentlemen Season 1 Cast: The Leading Lights
At the heart of the series is Theo James, who steps into the shoes of the Duke of Halstead, Eddie Horniman. As the estranged son of an English aristocrat, Eddie finds himself entangled in the criminal underbelly of London, particularly within an industrial cannabis empire.
James's portrayal of Eddie is both compelling and complex, offering a glimpse into the struggles of loyalty and power.
Kaya Scodelario shines as Susie Glass, the daughter of career criminal Bobby Glass, played by the formidable Ray Winstone.
Susie is not just a fashion icon but a ruthless player in her father's drug operation. Scodelario's performance adds depth to the narrative, showcasing the challenges and dynamics of a family entrenched in crime.
The Gentlemen Season 1 Cast: The Ensemble Cast
The series boasts an impressive ensemble cast, each bringing their unique flair to the story:
- Daniel Ings, known for his role in I Hate Suzie, adds another layer to the series with his exceptional acting skills.
- Joely Richardson, from Lady Chatterley’s Lover, brings gravitas and depth to the series.
- Vinnie Jones, a familiar face from Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, ensures the series maintains its connection to Ritchie's cinematic universe.
- Giancarlo Esposito, celebrated for his role in Better Call Saul, adds a layer of international intrigue.
- Chanel Cresswell, known for This is England, brings a unique British charm.
- Michael Vu, Max Beesley from Hijack, Jasmine Blackborow from Marie Antoinette, Harry Goodwins, Dar Salim from The Covenant, Pearce Quigley from Detectorists, Ruby Sear, and Peter Serafinowicz from The Tick, all contribute to the rich tapestry of characters that make The Gentlemen a must-watch.
Behind the Scenes
Guy Ritchie, the mastermind behind the original film, returns as the creator, co-writer, executive producer, and director of the first two episodes.
His vision for The Gentlemen is clear – to bring back the world he created, with new characters and stories that resonate with fans and new viewers alike.
When does The Gentlemen Season 1 premiere? All eight episodes of The Gentlemen Season 1 will premiere in March 2024.
What is the plot of The Gentlemen Season 1? The series follows Eddie Horniman as he inherits his father's estate, only to discover it's part of a cannabis empire. Entangled in the criminal underworld, Eddie must navigate power struggles and his own moral compass.
Can I watch the teaser trailer for The Gentlemen? Yes, the teaser trailer is available and offers a glimpse into the stylish and criminal world Eddie Horniman finds himself in.
Who made The Gentlemen TV series? Guy Ritchie serves as the executive producer and creator, directing the first two episodes. The series is a collaborative effort with executive producers including Matthew Read from Peaky Blinders.